When it comes to enjoying your backyard after the sun has set, you really need the proper lighting to set the mood and provide adequate illumination. You must think of your outdoor lighting as having a dual personality. On the one hand, a particular lighting is great for adding sparkle and ambiance to your evening soirees, but on the other hand you have to have the right amount for safety reasons.
Here are a few lighting outdoor lighting fixtures you may want to consider.
- Torches and Candles – wonderful for setting a casual mood, best when lining a path or surrounding a patio
- Lanterns – great for lighting entryways, paths and gardens
- Outdoor chandeliers – great for setting the mood lighting in outdoor dining spaces
There are plenty of ornamental fixtures available today that will add a certain magical warm glow to your outdoor living spaces. If you need a professional to design and install a landscape lighting plan for you Denver area home, contact Lifescape Associates
Let’s be honest, sitting on a large boulder or log may give your outdoor space that certain back-to-nature quality for the first 10 seconds, but after that you will need real support for your back. Furnishing your outdoor rooms with the right pieces are essential to putting the finishing touches on your outdoor living rooms. Nowadays there are a vast amount of choices out there when it comes to outdoor furnishings. Those options include wrought iron, cast iron, wrought or cast aluminum, and traditional wood or classic wood.
But you must remember that you need the right combination of comfort and durability when selecting outdoor furniture. There are new synthetic weatherproof patio furniture and fabrics available now that offer great style and comfort options like something you would place inside the home.
If you live in the Denver or Boulder, Colorado area, Lifescape Associates can design the perfect outdoor living space for your home, just call us at 303-831-8310.
Your outdoor living spaces are wonderful places to entertain, relax and enjoy all the beauty that Colorado has to offer. However, there are ways to enhance your beautiful outdoor rooms even more with eye-catching outdoor structures. There are quite a few options available today that would look very nice in your outdoor spaces.
- A small solid roof arbor would be a fantastic structure that can be used as a reading nook
- If you love to entertain, a large gazebo makes a great space for your barbecues, get-togethers and so forth
- A pergola is great for a quiet garden nook where you can just sit back and relax
- A glass encased conservatory is a very elegant space that can give you a wonderful view of the garden by day and the stars by night
If you are interested in having an outdoor structure built to enhance your outdoor living space, contact Lifescape Associates in Denver by calling 303-831-8310.
During the warmer months it is very important that your landscape plants stay hydrated and a great way to help them stay healthy and vibrant in the heat is by adding mulch to the beds. Not only is this a great option for keeping your plants perky, applying mulch is also a sustainable step that is scientifically proven to save water. To break it down a bit further, one layer of mulch will help plants retain moisture in the root zone and it will slow evaporation. And there are a few more benefits that come from adding mulch to your beds such as helping to control weeds.
If you are having difficulty figuring out what to use as mulch, here are a few options:
- Grass clippings – one of the most sustainable mulches available and you can recycle them from your own property
- Rock – is very durable mulch and will not blow away
- Bark Chip – cooler than rook but will have to be replaced each year or two depending on the chip size
- Gorilla hair – great for high wind areas, gorilla hair is a woven, textured product that will decompose over time
- Aspen fines – can be a local, recycled product and looks very nice around plants
Need a better more beautiful solution for your Denver area home landscape? Contact Lifescape Associates in Denver. We’ll be happy to get your landscape looking its best all year round.
There is a wide variety of materials that are available for surfacing a patio. You want to make sure that the material you choose will blend together well with the surroundings and other materials used in the landscape, while at the same time, providing the right surface for the intended use of the patio.
Here are a few tips that will help you choose the right patio material for your needs.
- For a patio that will be an outdoor dining/entertainment area – solid surface like brick or pavers is best because they create an even surface.
- For a patio that has a natural and woodland atmosphere – large fieldstones and ground cover planted between the stones softens the look of the area.
- For an elegant patio – crushed granite can be compacted to form a surface almost as stable and firm as concrete, and water can percolate through it, making it a sustainable solution.
Need help selecting the right patio material for your Denver area home? Lifescape Associates can design and build your patio with the right materials that will bring together the look of your entire outdoor home environment.