Lifescape Associates just wanted to take a moment to wish you and your family a very happy holiday season. Now is the time to enjoy spending time with all your loved ones from near and far. We hope that you have a chance to take a stroll or ride around the neighborhood to enjoy the beautiful landscape decorations in your neighborhood, town, or city.
Many people don’t realize that size doesn’t really matter when it comes to landscaping. However, the smallest areas will usually show the biggest impact once they have been professionally landscaped. Your small areas could include a garden, back or front porch, and perhaps a small courtyard space. These intimate spaces can really be transformed to be a special little paradise.
Those who live in urban communities know that even though their outdoor areas are small in stature, they still are a very important part of their home life experience. Intimate landscaped areas create spaces to relax, read a good book, admire your garden, and listen to the calming sound of water. From spaces above like balconies and rooftop terraces to ground level patios and porches, your smaller landscaped spaces can be your new favorite hideaway to enjoy the great outdoors or the awesome views of the concrete jungle. Remember, a little green space can make a huge difference.
Lifescape can design your landscape or outdoor space no matter how small. Just give our Landscape Architects a call at 303-831-8310.
Hopefully, you have already started up your sprinkler system by now. Quite a few areas have voluntary watering restrictions in place which means we need to be more careful about saving water.
It is best to run your sprinkler system early in the morning, however, if you have them programmed to run in the morning while you are still asleep, you won’t be able to see them running, so you won’t know about any problems. To prevent this, a great thing for you to practice at the start of the watering season is to watch your sprinkler run when you first turn them on and look for any potential problems.
Problems to look for:
- Water is aimed for the street and not the grass.
- Geysers that shoot water straight up in the air. (Sprinkler head may be missing)
- Clogged nozzles.
If you are looking for a landscape design firm to create an irrigation plan for your Denver, Colorado home, contact the designers at Lifescape Associates today!
Water is one of the most precious resources these days, and we all have to do our part to help conserve and protect the water supply. We’ve all had that experience of seeing someone’s sprinklers going full force in the midst of a full-on rain storm, but is that person ever you? There were some great tips this week in the Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado newsletter that can help you avoid being that person.
From simple to high-tech, there is a device out there to help you keep from over watering your lawn. This will not only conserve water, but will also save you money on your water bill! Today’s sprinkler timers can monitor local weather information, use historical weather data, and even monitor real-time conditions in your yard in order to determine when your lawn needs watering and when it doesn’t.
If you are looking for a landscape design firm to create an irrigation plan for your Denver, Colorado home, contact Lifescape Associates today!
image via Pinterest
If you are looking for ways to turn your backyard into a relaxing outdoor living space, here are 3 suggestions that may inspire you to give Lifescape Associates in Denver a call.
1. Create a theme. You want all elements of your landscape design to work together to create a distinct theme or sense of place. That includes your plants, structures, and hardscaping.
2. Don’t forget about privacy. You may be a sociable person and you absolutely can use your outdoor oasis to entertain guests, but do remember to incorporate special design to ensure privacy. There are bound to be days where you want a quiet moment to yourself. Examples: tall plants, fences, pergolas and etc.
3. Use outdoor structures to define spaces. You can have a large gazebo for entertaining or you might like a small solid-roof arbor for a reading spot. Whatever activities you enjoy outside, you can have a specific structure designed to define that area.